MMO News and theorycrafting for advanced MMO gamers. News and articles that relate to your gameplay. World of Warcraft, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift, TERA, Eve Online, Star Wars the Old Republic, Diablo3, The Secret World and all Western AAA MMOs
Karagga the Unyielding
01-19-2012, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 01:11 AM by Petrus.)
Karagga the Unyielding
This is the final boss of Hutts Hospitality. He has a neat hat.
This boss was pretty cool, and is hands down (IMO) the hardest boss to date. VERY hard on the healers, and honestly we spent most of the time on this boss with people below 50% hp.
We got this boss on our 3rd real attempt (5th, technically, but 2 we died within about 10 seconds to a bug.)
The boss has several abilities.
1. Oil/fire. The boss puts oil on the ground behind him, then lights it on fire. Melee need to be out of the way, and the tank needs to move him. The soft enrage on this fight is that you CAN fill the floor with fire.
2. Exploding mouse droids. These hit for about 3 - 5k each. Easiest way is to have an assassin tank taunt them and shroud to take no damage. Alternatively, any aoe that slows/stuns them will kill them very quickly. Knockbacks with a stun (overload) also work nicely.
3. Gravity Well. This is cast on one player (sometimes two, bug I think) and roots them in place. (Sucks if both are rooted together, which they generally are.) They take a little bit of damage. Everyone who gets pulled in though, takes quite a bit. When the well ends, it explodes, and does damage to everyone. This is pretty rough when two people are rooted in the same place.
4. Spikes. The bane of any healer. It seemed like any time I got to 90% on a cast bar I'd get spiked into the air. Random, and especially liked to target me right when I popped innervate. Hits for about 3k, so while the damage is negligible, I lost an insane amount of heals to this mechanic, and I can guarantee you it led to a few deaths.
5. Missile salve. Only seemed to do this right when the gravity well went out, and only once. Hits everyone for a couple thousand.
6. Laser beam - Single target laser beam on whoever has aggro. Hits for 5k-ish a tick.
7. Exhaust - conal aoe behind him. Melee needs to be on the sides.
Strat: Put the ranged in the center, and kite the guy back and forth along the sides, getting a little closer as you go. This allows you to fill as much of the floor as you can.
Melee really need to stay away from the oil/fire. I can tell you (from experience) that if they get to close, and they get the gravity well, it will root them into the fire, and pull everyone else with them. Insta wipe.
It is possible to sorc pull someone in the gravity well. Well stays, but at least they're out of the fire.
Overall, this is an insanely fun fight, but it's absolutely a healer check. Yes, you need good positioning and heads up play from your DPS, but the real burden on this fight is tank positioning, and heals. This is the first fight (and I've attempted every EV boss on all difficulties) that I haven't been able to spend at least 20% of my time DPSing.
We did this fight with:
1 Assassin Tank
3 Melee DPS (2 juggy, 1 powertech)
2 Ranged DPS (Sniper, merc)
2 Healers (Sorc, merc)
And it was fun.
|Messages In This Thread|
Karagga the Unyielding - Petrus - 01-19-2012 11:58 PM