Karagga the Unyielding - Printable Version
+- SWTOR Mechanics Forums (http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums)
+-- Forum: Flashpoints and Operations (/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Karagga's Palace (/forum-60.html)
+--- Thread: Karagga the Unyielding (/thread-655.html)
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Antario - 02-06-2012 05:11 PM
in my experience the pulling range is something like 20-25 meters
the target it gets placed on is random however, so standing at a certain point doesnt help
and melee dps seem to never get it, so there might be a minimum range
im just not to inclined to test that theory....seeing as we have a perfectly working strategy
which is: spread the fuck out...
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Petrus - 02-06-2012 11:21 PM
(02-06-2012 05:11 PM)Antario Wrote: in my experience the pulling range is something like 20-25 meters
I'm going to question this actually. Our sniper literally got it every time but once in both of our nightmare kills of this boss. That's either the craziest RNG ever, or there is some mechanic as to who it targets.
The second time we downed this we just stuck our sniper alone in a corner and no one ever got pulled. I'd just pop in range and cleanse him when he got targeted.
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Anonymousy - 02-07-2012 02:11 AM
so what you're saying is that the range with the highest thread gets the well? reminds me of what someone here said about the rancor (that he goes to the one that did the most damage/heal during the last follow-phase)
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Petrus - 02-07-2012 03:04 AM
(02-07-2012 02:11 AM)Anonymousy Wrote: @petrus
Maybe? Our sniper never has aggro issues, it's always our merc or operative who come close to pulling off the tank.
I don't have a good guess as to why it was the sniper every time - maybe the range he was at? Maybe the damage between wells? I have no clue, but I do know he got it FAR too often for it to be a coincidence, especially two nights in a row.
Maybe it's some aggro related thing - with a caveat: The highest aggro who is farther than X meters. Something like that.
Just hoping someone else will see some patterns and maybe we can figure something out.
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Anonymousy - 02-07-2012 07:21 PM
it's a bit off topic but maybe they have a very strange rnd generator? for example on huttball: i'm way more likely to be a rotworm instead of a frogdog.
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Khadroth - 02-08-2012 04:18 AM
(02-07-2012 03:04 AM)Petrus Wrote:(02-07-2012 02:11 AM)Anonymousy Wrote: @petrus
That would be my guess. I can corroborate that our GS usually gets the debuff, and the times I've gotten it, I've generally been the furthest from the boss.
Then again we've only done him twice so far.
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Rooks - 02-09-2012 12:45 AM
We're attempting our first 16 man hardmode run of HH tonight. Assuming we clear the Fab droid (who gives us issues still in normal mode), is it worthwhile to attempt Karagga on NM?
We've one shot him every time except last night when we had some positioning issues. We've never seen him enrage, we clear the mousedroids in two GCDs. From what I can tell, none of his mechanics change beyond "Hits harder, has more HP".
I know you can't definitively recommend action for a group you've never run with, but based on how he handles in Normal, can a raid that has great success skip HM for a NM shot (with reasonable hopes for success)?
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Stab - 02-09-2012 02:04 AM
Roll the dice Rooks. Worst case scenario you reset to HM and slay the fatty and take home a few prizes. I am not sure about range being a factor for the gravity well. I get it about 70% of the time as a mercenary with our second mercenary or sorc the other 30%. That would indicate there is a threat component imo.
Additionally from torhead game files.
InRange: Max=>7, Min=>1 (these are normally X10 to my recollection for NPCs)
Therefore, if I am reading this correctly, if you are outside 70 yards he will not target you, inside 10 he will not target you.
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Antario - 02-09-2012 09:57 AM
as long as you have 5 healers, 1 tank and not TO many melee you'll be fine
NiM is not that much harder
RE: Karagga the Unyielding - Rooks - 02-10-2012 04:05 AM
(02-09-2012 09:57 AM)Antario Wrote: as long as you have 5 healers, 1 tank and not TO many melee you'll be fine
As we have two tanks, four healers and a lot of melee (plus green subs last night), the conservative in me decided to go with Hardmode just to feel it out. We downed him on our second attempt. Our only issue was with ranged creeping too close to our melee pack and pulling us in. One we sorted that, it was done.
One positive with being melee heavy is that Mouse droids become a non-factor. 2-3 Neural Surges + Pulse Cannons really trivialize them. Freed up our ranged to simply focus on putting deeps on Karagga.