My random Warzone tips - Printable Version
+- SWTOR Mechanics Forums (http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: PvP (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: My random Warzone tips (/thread-356.html)
My random Warzone tips - Suzahn - 10-26-2011 05:56 PM
Hey I'm bored so here's some random warzone tips!
1. If you stand with your toes to the edge of the catwalk in huttball, warriors/knights that leap at you will hit you once then fall to the pit down below. Often times, they do this with the huttball! Sucks to be them.
2. The sniper/gunslinger is great at stopping objectives from being taken in alderaan or voidstar, but not until almost level 50 when you get the orbital strike and plasma probe. Both you can set and forget and they stop people from taking objectives because they last a long time and cause damage.
3. Every class has at least *some* kind of knockback, most AOE knockbacks. The 2nd room of voidstar has 2 bridges where you can knock people down to your death and huttball's only path to victory involves crossing catwalks over a pit. Saving your knockbacks and anti-stuns for when you meet people here is almost an instant-win button.
4. Except if someone has already crowd-controlled that person before they got to that catwalk. A sith-warrior force-choking a guy will fill up his anti-stun meter so that he can't be knocked back. So it's often better to NOT use any CC on someone until it's going to do something meaningful like kill them or knock them in the pit.
5. Every class gets sprint at level 15. It's an out-of-combat 30% run buff. Always use it at the start of EVERY warzone. It's great.
6. In the voidstar, the attacking team doesn't have to go through the force-field right in front of them. you can run to the right or left side of the platform and jump off there at the start of the match. It doesn't save you any time after the match has started, but that first time when the force-fields go down it saves you a little time getting to the doors.
7. All the warzones are very visual. You can see from really far away where the huttball is, what kind of fighting is happening at the turret in alderaan, or which door has a bomb on it. Teach your eyes to focus in on these things because running to a turret that's not being attacked or the wrong voidstar door helps nobody.
8. PVP dailys are on Vaiken Spacedock near the PVP vendors you can buy warzone-comm gear from. Get the dailys every day, sometimes you can get them twice per day. All the warzone dailys stack, so one win can count for three different quests. You start out with one at level 10 and get more as you continue to do them. They give you warzone comms (50 each) and also consumables that heal your health or resource pool.
9. Be nice in PVP! Not just because people can MVP vote you for extra comms but because it's the right thing to do. When someone starts complaining about how everyone sucks in their raid, that's when you see a bunch of people go AFK and wait for the free rewards at the end.
EDIT; 10. One more tip. At the start of huttball, you can run straight forward with sprint on and if you time your jump just right you won't get hit by the acid pool. As a sniper with no force-run, I am the first person with the huttball 80% of the time because I have mastered this jump.
RE: My random Warzone tips - Sol - 10-26-2011 09:40 PM
Great tips man, thanks =)
From my own experiences I agree with every one of them especially saving stuns and knock backs in hutball. I had a crafty trooper constantly cryo me in the fire pit while I was trying to cross with the ball...it ended badly for me.
Here are a couple of my tips
1 - One tip from me is to take the free health buffs lying around if your fighting near them even if you're at close to full health. Stops opponents from utilising it.
2 - ledges ledges ledges. Pick a smart spot and play to your strengths if you're playing ranged. A good sniper/merc combo in hutball is nigh on impossible to get past when they are sitting on the mid level near their goal line. Gives them line of sight to all the ledges and is just suicide to try and run past without taking them out. Diverts resources the other team should be using to keep people off the ball carrier. In voidstar at the 3rd door the 3rd set of doors there are stack of containers. You can jump carefully to them from your spawn point and if people are silly enough to mill around them, you can unload and remain unoticed as ranged. Also if you are noticed and focues you just drop behind it to the next level and break LoS.
3 - In Alderaan, when you cap a gun, put it between yourself and the enemies as it breaks LoS and warriors need to get a wider angle to leap to you. It's also great when fighting a ranged and melee if your by yourself as you can LoS around the pole and only the melee can attack you if don'e right. I constantly won 2v1 engagements like this.
4 - Lastly, if you're playing an AC that can heal, then do so! Especially in hutball. You don't need to kill the opposition, just CC or knock them back and then heal the ball carrier. Even in Alderaan. Nothing worse then when you have a dual sorc combo and both use their heals. Every time you attack one the other just heals them up. This will also add to your commendations as it's based on the amount of damage done, blocked (tanks) or healed. Classes that can do both can top commendations every time.
RE: My random Warzone tips - loves2spooge - 10-26-2011 10:33 PM
good info thanks.
(10-26-2011 05:56 PM)Suzahn Wrote: 9. Be nice in PVP! Not just because people can MVP vote you for extra comms but because it's the right thing to do. When someone starts complaining about how everyone sucks in their raid, that's when you see a bunch of people go AFK and wait for the free rewards at the end.
free rewards sigh, they need to stop that shit.
RE: My random Warzone tips - Convertible - 10-26-2011 10:43 PM
You'll hand out commendations to people You know, and play with. If not, You'll pass them basically to someone, You think did the best job on the Warzone. Or just just skip that part.
I don't see that as a bad thing.
RE: My random Warzone tips - Sol - 10-27-2011 08:22 AM
It really isn't a massive thing I've got to say as you only get one commendation to hand out and it encourages people to actually play better as your chances of getting commendations increases with better performance. I constantly handed mine to the top heals rather than top damage so as to encourange them to bring their heals more often.
RE: My random Warzone tips - metaspy - 10-27-2011 04:27 PM
(10-27-2011 08:22 AM)Sol Wrote: It really isn't a massive thing I've got to say as you only get one commendation to hand out and it encourages people to actually play better as your chances of getting commendations increases with better performance. I constantly handed mine to the top heals rather than top damage so as to encourange them to bring their heals more often.
I hope i get in warzones with you often!
As a healer in the past I ALWAYS top the chart!
RE: My random Warzone tips - Sol - 10-27-2011 04:51 PM
If you're healing in my team mate you'll always get mine =)
RE: My random Warzone tips - loves2spooge - 10-27-2011 06:30 PM
The giving out commendations bit sounds good, awesome in fact. The free rewards at the end sounded like people can afk warzones and still get rewards which is the bit I don't like, perhaps I misunderstood.
RE: My random Warzone tips - Sol - 10-27-2011 07:43 PM
No mate they handed out by other team member s to those they feel deserve it the most. No free rides here for AFkers =)
RE: My random Warzone tips - Alratan - 11-01-2011 03:38 AM
If anyone one be interested in structuring these (and future) tips for warzones into a useful guide, please feel free :).