MMO News and theorycrafting for advanced MMO gamers. News and articles that relate to your gameplay. World of Warcraft, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift, TERA, Eve Online, Star Wars the Old Republic, Diablo3, The Secret World and all Western AAA MMOs
|1. All posts should be clear and concise. Whilst we understand that not everyone is a native speaker, posts should be as easy to understand as is reasonable. Follow the basic rules of grammar, punctuation and sentence structure. Avoid unhelpful modes of speech including (but not limited to): textspeak, Initial Letter Capitalisation For Every Word, ALL CAPS, needless font styling (e.g. colours, excessive bold/italics) and pointless abbreviations such as 'lol' and 'u'. Do not waste space with unnecessary or overly large quotes, excessive off-topic musings or copious amounts of line-breaks/white space. Do not respond to quotes inside the quote tags.
2. All posts should be polite. This is a forum for intelligent discussion and argument, not ranting and name-calling. Do not flame, troll, insult or be overly condescending. Assume that other posters are reasonably intelligent, and give the benefit of the doubt to avoid inflamed discussion.
3. Do not post unless you have a new insight to share. Do not bump threads, or make any other kind of post which doesn't actually have something to say. When sharing your pearls of wisdom, please make sure that they are actually pearls and not merely grit. Check that it's not been discussed (and dismissed) before, and have calculations, test results or a good argument to back your claims up. Simply going off feeling isn't enough.
4. Do not feed the lazy or trollish. If a post breaks the forum rules by being of terrible quality, flaming or in any other way, simply report the post and move on.
5. Only create new threads if there is a new topic to go with it. If the issue you wish to discuss is covered in an existing thread, especially one of the class compendiums, post in an existent thread rather than starting a new one. If there is another thread which you think is not quite right, please double-check to ensure that it is definitely not suitable for your topic before making a new thread, and be prepared to explain why an entirely new one is needed.
6. Do your research. Whilst a certain amount of unfamiliarity with concepts and past discussions is inevitable, do not take advantage of others by:
7. Do not use excessive avatars or signatures. Signatures are limited to 3 lines of text, and images used as avatars are limited to no larger than 100x100 pixels, and should not be animated.
Note: Rules 4, 5 and 6 are slightly relaxed in the General Discussion and News forum.